Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is used as an email manager. It is not just limited to sending emails; it can also be integrated with several third-party Windows and online apps to provide email functionality. That’s why it’s among the most versatile email client tools preferred worldwide by organizations of all sizes. But like any other software, Outlook is also prone to certain bugs, of which one is Microsoft Outlook is not responding. It mainly occurs when you try to open a file or direct an email letter in Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later versions. You might be wondering about the reasons that trigger this issue. To help you get aware of these, we have listed all such possible causes in the next section of this blog.
Why Is My Outlook Not Working?
Several reasons can bring forth the Microsoft Outlook is not responding error, of which the major ones have been covered below:
- You wouldn’t have connected the newest informs.
- Some another process might be using Outlook.
- Viewpoint is filling outside gratified, such as imageries, in an email note.
- Some before connected add-on is nosy with Viewpoint.
- The size of your mailbox might have enlarged.
- Your Inform binder is sent to a net site.
- Viewpoint data files have develop tainted or injured.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix Error: Outlook Is Stopped
Below we have listed some of the possible effective troubleshooting solutions by following which you would be able to resolve the Microsoft Outlook is not responding error:
Solution 1: Install the latest updates
There might be a possibility that the office connexion on your processer might have become outdated. One of the reasons behind this is misconfigured Windows Update on your processer that restricts you to transfer and connect the recommended updates on its own. However, installing the required updates may resolve issues like Microsoft Outlook isn’t responding by substituting out-of-date records and fixative susceptibilities.
Solution 2: Ensure that Outlook is not using another process
You might end up reducing your work productivity if you try accessing the Outlook Auto Archive eye or sync to Viewpoint with a mobile device. It’s since these procedures usage a big amount of capitals. Therefore, whenever Viewpoint is in use by additional procedure, it’s showed in the rank bar at the lowest of the shadow. As a result, while you try to do other movements though Viewpoint is in use, Viewpoint may not respond. Hence, we would suggest you let the ongoing task get completed before you try another activity.
Solution 3: Verify if external content is causing the issue
To prevent Outlook to download external content, you must proceed with the below-given steps:
- Go to the File menu; click on Options followed by Trust Center and Automatic Download.
- After that, select from either of the below mentioned options:
- Don’t transfer movies or other gratified mechanically in the HTML email option.
- Caution me earlier transferring gratified when excision, forwarding, or replying to an email.
- Evade distribution such an email by an external source.
Solution 4: Get sure of the possible add-on issues
There’s no denying that add-ons can improve your operator knowledge, but there are times when they can infrequently delay or conflict with Outlook. If you want to start Viewpoint deprived of any add-ons running, follow the below-given steps:
- Depending on the operating system you have, you need to do the following:
- Windows 8: Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then click on Search. After that, type Run in the search box and select Run.
- Windows 10, Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Select Start.
- Windows XP: Select Start and then click on Run.
- Type Outlook.exe /safe in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- If this resolved your issues, go to the File menu and click on Options followed by Add-ons.
- After that, select COM Add-ins, and then on Let’s Go.
- Further, clear all the checkboxes in the list, and click OK.
- At last, restart Outlook.
If the Microsoft Outlook is not responding issue doesn’t take place after you restart Outlook, it signifies that one of the add-ons is likely the cause of the problem. Therefore, we suggest you restore the add-ons one at a time. It helps you determine which add-in is causing the problem.
Solution 5: Check whether your mailbox is too large
As the size of your mailbox increases, you need more resources to open each folder. If you have many substances in any single binder, you might knowledge presentation subjects while performing certain operations. If that’s so, we would recommend you move several belongings in your superior binders to distinct binders or that you archive those items by using the Auto Archive feature. To create a folder, follow the below-given steps:
- On the Folder tab, select New Folder in the new group.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the folder.
- In the Choice where to home the binder list, choice the site for the novel binder.
- At last, click OK.
Solution 6: Verify if your AppData folder is being redirected to a network location
Outlook stores certain data in the AppData folder, such as email names and the spelling manager lexicon. Outlook must wait for read and write operations to the AppData directory to finish if the network is performing slowly.
- Exit Outlook in the first place and then start Registry Editor.
- To do this, follow any of the below steps depending on your version of Windows:
- Windows 10 or Windows 8: Open the Run dialog box by simultaneously pressing Windows + R keys. There, type regedit.exe and click OK.
- Windows 7: Click on the Windows icon and type regedit.exe in the search box. Then, press the Enter key.
- In Registry Editor, search and select the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Further, search and then double-click the AppData value.
- In the Value data box, enter the following path: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming
- Then, click OK and exit Registry Editor.
Solution 7: Create a new user profile
Your profile stores a variety of settings that control how Outlook looks and feels. Therefore, you may also create a new profile and then add your email accounts to the new profile. For doing so, you can follow the below-given steps:
- Close Outlook and then select either of the following:
- Windows 10: Click on the Start menu, go to Control Panel and press Enter. Choose User Accounts > Mail > Show Profiles.
- Windows 8: Open the Apps menu, choose Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
- Windows 7: choose Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
- Choose Add, and in the Profile Name box, type a profile name, and then click OK.
- Enter an email address and a password for the primary email account you use in Outlook, and then follow the on-screen instructions to create a profile.
- Once the profile is created, choose Prompt for a profile to be used on the Show Profiles dialogue.
- Start Outlook and choose your new profile.
Solution 8: Resolve with data recovery software
Stellar Repair for Outlook is amongst one of the advanced PST repair software that deliver its users with unmatched efficacy in repairing corrupt PST files, irrespective of the damaged file size. Hence, it means you can resolve numerous Outlook errors that take place due to corrupt data file. With this utility, you can easily recover all mailbox items, inclusive of emails contacts, calendar, etc., from the corrupt PST file. PST Repair Tool supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and previous versions and is highly-recommended by Microsoft MVPs and admins to resolve numerous Outlook errors. Therefore, you must explore and compare features of each edition of the PST Repair Tool, to choose the best for you.
Here’s how the PST Repair Tool works:
Below we have mentioned the required steps by following which you can recover corrupted data using the PST Repair Tool:
Step 1: Select Corrupt PST
- Firstly, you have to select the PST file that you want to repair and click Repair.
Step 2: Preview and Select Items
- Once selected, preview the file and select the mailbox items you want to save.
- Then, click on Save Repaired File.
Step 3: Save the File
- At last, save the recovered file in the desired format i.e., PST, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, or PDF.
Features of the PST Repair Tool:
Here, we have mentioned some of the major features of the PST repair that makes it an ideal choice for you:
- You can recover deleted Outlook items and severely corrupted PST files irrespective of the size.
- It recovers all mailbox, including emails, attachments, tasks, calendars, notes, etc.
- PST offers detailed preview of all recoverable items before you save the required file.
- Saves recovered PST in different file formats, i.e., MSG, HTML, EML, RTF, PDF, DBX, & MBOX
Summing It up!
We hope the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this blog would have helped you fix Microsoft Outlook is not responding error without much trouble. However, there might come an instance where you would still be stuck with the same issue even after following the above-listed solutions. In that case, we would suggest you reach out to some professionals that can help you resolve your issue at the earliest. If required you may look for Stellar’s Free data recovery software, it can help you fix any data related issue at much ease.