What Are The Advantages Of Being Certified To ISO 45001?
Your firm can enhance working conditions for employees by adopting ISO 45001. This benefit is available to any organization that uses the standard.
- Work to instill a culture of prevention inside the company, since this will encourage top management to take a leading role in the establishment of an occupational health and safety management system.
- Because of its high-level structure, it is capable of being included with the remainder of the standards that are most usually put into practice, such as ISO 9001 for quality or ISO 14001 for the environment.
- Achieve that it is aligned with the objectives set, as it is in sync with the process-based approach that was launched with ISO 9001.
- Communication and the dissemination of papers at all levels and within the same sectors should be made more efficient and well-organized.
- Coordination has to be improved between the procedures and the departments that are accountable for them.
- Decrease the number of absences as well as penalties.
Why Should The ISO 45001 Standard Be Implemented?
The ISO 45001 standard may be implemented in any organization, regardless of its size, industry, or line of business and it can be validated by a third-party organization on its own accord. The organization has determined that putting in place a management system that is compliant with ISO 45001 is both a strategic and an operational choice.
Prerequisites For The Implementation Of ISO 45001
To put into practice the criteria of the ISO 45001 standard, you need to consider the following:
- Acquire The Standard: You are required to have knowledge of the standard, its requirements, its annexes, and the novelties rose in it concerning its predecessor. This information will prove to be very helpful for the occupational health and safety professionals who will be in charge of the implementation of the standard and the system.
- Carry Out The Gap Analysis: This entails determining the organization’s existing state of occupational health and safety, as well as the gaps in compliance that exist regarding ISO 45001, as well as assessing the present state of occupational health and safety. To accomplish this goal, you need to be aware that this standard incorporates several new ideas, including context, risk, and possibilities.
- Formulate A Plan Of Action: Taking into account the company’s size, complexity, and the resources it has at its disposal. This plan of action needs to be in line with the requirements of the organization.
- Conduct Training And Education: On the standard and the reasons why it should be applied for the relevant members of senior management, project managers, and important workers, as well as all of your other employees in general.
- Create And Revise: The formats, documents, criteria, standards, and practices, as well as the organization’s occupational health and safety policy, and put into action the new requirements and alterations that are brought up by the standard.
- Carry Out An Internal Audit: auditors need to have a comprehensive understanding of ISO 45001.
- Have The Highest Level Of Management: Perform an in-depth study using the results of the company’s internal audits while keeping in mind the criteria that have to be satisfied for your company to be awarded the ISO 45001 certification.
- Address Any Non-Conformity: Including any follow-up and close observations, possibilities for improvement resulting from the audit process, and the examination of any reports.
- Ensure That Corrective Actions Have Been Followed Up On At This Stage: You should construct measuring indicators that will enable you to demonstrate efficacy and confirm continual progress.
- Submit Your Company To An Audit To Become Certified To The ISO 45001 Standard: This marks the beginning of a new era for your corporation. It is time to step up to new challenges to earn certification and always accomplish continuous progress with your management system.