The Advantages of Professional Business Analysis Certifications
Business analysis is a strategy to initiate and manage change within organizations to enable a positive change in the business. It helps organizations communicate and identify the need to change their operations.
Business analysts help identify and develop solutions that maximize the business value provided to their stakeholders. Although mainly business analysts specialize in this field, many other positions, such as project management, product development, quality assurance, and interaction design, rely on business analysis for success. BAs constantly question organizational decisions and analyze the efficiency of a company. They are employed at all levels of the organization, and their responsibilities include developing strategy, enterprise architecture and leading in the definition and execution of the project and program goals. They also support continuous improvement in technology and organization processes.
Why should one opt for a Business Analysis certification?
Certain certifications and credentials in business can increase your career opportunities and help you earn higher salaries. Gaining certifications and designations will help you change your career path or enter a new industry. Especially as a business analyst, certifications might be something you should consider if you want to stand out from the rest of your job applicants. Employers will appreciate a current or active credential that shows you have the knowledge, skills, and ability to succeed in a particular role. In addition, many companies and organizations need certified professionals for certain positions, particularly in high-level or mid-level positions. These qualifications can help you achieve higher salaries, move up in your career, or take on leadership roles.
Common BA Certifications
The Business Analyst career path offers many certifications and credentials. Most of these certificates are issued by the International Institute of Business Analysis, a non-profit organization that focuses on this profession.
International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) certifications are one of the most valued certifications in the BA industry because it highlights your work experience, personal growth, competencies, as well as current knowledge about industry developments and trends.
IIBA has certifications suitable for BAs of all experience levels, starting from people with no experience to senior business analysts who have several decades of experience. This is a great way to increase your skills and move up the BA career ladder. In addition, this recognition and acknowledgment of a BA practitioner’s knowledge in the business analysis field add tremendous value to a BA’s resume.
The IIBA certifications apply to a large number of professionals who work in the field.
- According to industry reports, business analysis is expected to be one of the fastest-growing IT professions. As a result, it is the most sought-after skill for tech workers.
- This is the best way to move from the technical to the management fields.
- A recent trend in large companies is to keep the role of business analyst as an internal consultant on call.
- Training a potential BA saves time and money.
The Core BA Certifications provided by IIBA are-
Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
This IIBA certification, which is the first level you can attain from IIBA, is designed for people with no prior BA experience.
Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
The second level of the IIBA competency course. This requires significant experience in the industry.
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
CBAP is the third level of the IIBA’s certification program. This designation lends well to those with extensive experience.
Apart from the relevancy of these certificates, there are several benefits to having IIBA certifications:
- IIBA is currently the leading body and most respected for BA certifications, so employers trust that the BA is competent and skilled if IIBA has officially recognized them. This assures them that the BA can take on further responsibility and demonstrate the experience and knowledge required to practice BA according to the guidelines set out by IIBA.
- It gives the business analyst an advantage over other analysts as employers prefer a certified BA.
- Certified business analysts have the potential to earn higher salaries.
- Clients may insist that their consultant hold professional certification to deliver high-quality work. Here, an IIBA certification will help.
- You will quickly rise to senior management positions.
- You can improve your knowledge by maintaining and obtaining certification.
- Professional peers and managers recognize and acknowledge your professional competence.
- CBAP’s and CCBA’s are highly sought after across all industries because of their ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical needs to facilitate the growth of a business.
- It is a great way to keep up with the BA world by knowing terminologies consistent across the domain.
- An IIBA certified business professional will undoubtedly earn more than other BAs.
Statistics according to the latest salary survey by IIBA-
- Certification holders get an 11% increase in their salary than the average overall salary
- Certified professionals earn 16% more
- Expected salary increases are in the range of 15% to 20%
Business analysis skills become essential as businesses grow and the world becomes increasingly interconnected. Moreover, it’s becoming easier to learn these skills thanks to an array of innovative techniques, advanced software, and certification training that will enable individuals and companies alike to acquire these skills.
Ananya’s mission is to help business analysts to build successful professional careers. She has touched the lives of 5000+ Business Analysis professionals in their skill development journey and helped them unleash their true potential and leverage it to achieve their dream careers. She co-founded Adaptive US, a Business analysis skill development organization working with professionals from 80+ countries to skyrocket their BA career and stay ahead of the game. She is a strong supporter of encouraging women’s workforce in technology and bringing women back to work after long career breaks. 70% of Adaptive’s workforce is working moms who have been brought back to work after a career break due to family and other priorities. She is enthusiastic about fitness, a regular runner, and takes a keen interest in imparting value-based education to children, building a greener and healthier world.