Every year the number of millionaires and even billionaires around the world is growing steadily. This is evidenced by the ratings published annually on the network, among which the Forbes list is the most famous and respected. It includes outstanding personalities who were able to achieve success from different parts of the world.
Even though the vast majority of the richest people in the world, as a rule, are citizens of Europe or the United States of America, there are individuals with really impressive incomes in every country. And at the same time, in each of the states, they are completely different, which is due to the peculiarities of culture, mentality, and other reasons that are inconspicuous at first sight.
As for the rich people originally from India, they also have several distinctive features and common features that can be traced in the characteristics of each of them. And this is even though everyone got their wealth in a variety of ways – their own business, betting on the Parimatch website, financial services, and so on. What does it mean to be rich in Indian? Let’s get acquainted in more detail with those main features that distinguish the Indian rich from all the rest.
What Characterizes Wealthy People in India
To clearly understand how endless the aspirations of the richest people in India are, you can compare them with the tallest building in the world. It is the Burj Khalifa, located in the United Arab Emirates. The entire 100th floor of this skyscraper was bought by Indian businessmen Bavagutu Raguram Shetty in 2005. On such an acquisition, he spent 45 million dirhams, which is about 12.5 million US dollars. And this is not just buying another real estate, but a bright symbol of reaching an unattainable peak. According to the 71-year-old millionaire himself, such a deal in the form of owning part of the tallest building in the world became for him a matter of great pride and special honor.
Most Indians are considered to be rather poor people, most of whom live in slums without primitive amenities. However, in recent years, the number of people in India who can afford this luxury has been rapidly increasing. Currently, the country occupies an honorable 16th place in the world in terms of the number of super-wealthy citizens. And according to experts, the state has every chance of moving up this list a few points higher.
What makes the rich Indian people different? Among the key characteristics of wealthy people from India are the following highlights:
- the habit of living in a big way, and not saving up their savings;
- the desire to show the whole world their wealth, demonstrating extremely expensive purchases and exclusive things – such as luxury cars;
- a large number of Indian investors involved in real estate accumulation around the world;
- the possession of a private jet as the pinnacle of privileged status, in connection with which the fleet of private aircraft has significantly increased in the country recently;
- the growth of the Indian luxury yacht market, driven by the desire of the Indian wealthy to demonstrate their exclusivity by purchasing private luxury yachts;
- the desire to spend as many days off as possible abroad;
- a fairly large proportion of Indian wealth was spent on the purchase of collection wines and the arrangement of personal wine cellars.
As a rule, the wealth of Indian millionaires has increased due to the following activities – capitalization of the securities market, as well as the accumulation of real estate, the prices of which are constantly growing. In addition, the number of young rich people who have been able to achieve success in various fields is increasing. Among them – and sports areas, e-sports, and betting, as well as various online areas, which began to rapidly gain popularity in connection with the pandemic around the world.